Friday, March 16, 2012

[TheUWfarm] SkyRoot Farm

Hello UW Farmers,

I am writing to formally let you know that I am starting a small farm on Whidbey Island on a piece of property owned by Karen Litfin - the SkyRoot Farm.    

This means that I will no longer be as actively involved in the UW Farm, but it is an exciting new adventure for me and my family.  When I began working at the student farm there were about 12 members - Keith, Alan, Jennifer, Doug and a few others.    Now, the farm list serve reaches more than 800 people.   We have an active bee committee, compost crew, dirty dozen program, intern program, fungi committee - the list goes on!    Strong work everyone!   It has been a delight for me to be a part of the growth and development of this urban farm project.   I want to thank you all for a the enormous amount I have learned through my involvement in this community.   

I also want to invite you out to the farm on March 24th for a work party.potluck.square dance! - Really I mean it!  Come visit!

The work party will commence at noon, the potluck at 6 and the dancing at 7!  You can come for all or a little of the day - we will love to see you. 

If you can come - more details can be found on our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/events/125329374262354/
You can learn more about our farm on our web-page (which is a work in progress) www.skyrootfarm.como

Please RSVP and let us know that you are coming!   I wish you all the best of luck with the continued growth and development of the UW Farm. 

Fondly,
Beth



------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth Wheat, Ph.D.
University of Washington
Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow
Program on the Environment
206.550.4622


No comments:

Post a Comment