Sunday, October 24, 2010

[TheUWfarm] Black walnut processing tomorrow, foraging thursday

Hi Farmers,
Tomorrow (monday) around 10: am I am going to start processing some of the black walnut bounty at the farm. If you want to help, feel free to come. Anyone who puts in some work can take some nuts home. And if you have strong plastic gloves, I would bring them, as black walnut husks stain like no other. Also on thursday, I will be doing some more foraging skill sharing. Instead of a walk where we see many plants, I am going to try to focus on 5 plants, trying to find them in multiple life stages, learn a bit of their biology and history and culinary use etc so that we can really feel solid about them, and then try 5 more the next time. Also, if you are interested in more wide ranging foraging exploring that day, email me as I will be doing that as well on my own.
Cheers,
brady


_______________________________________________
TheUWfarm mailing list
TheUWfarm@u.washington.edu
http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/theuwfarm

No comments:

Post a Comment