Tuesday, October 12, 2010

[TheUWfarm] Foraging at UW Farm Thursday Morning

Hello Friends,
This thursday morning (10/14) at 7:30 I will be gathering as much of the unsown bounty around the farm as I possibly can. If you are interested in wild foods, come and join and I can show you the plants that I know. Some of the big things I will be harvesting are strawberry tree fruit to make fruit leathers, thistle root, black walnuts, sheep sorrel, morning glory rhizomes, hawthorn berries and much much more. This is the first of many wild harvesting events this fall to get people used to eating outside the garden.
Also, on a different note, if you are interested in getting some harvesting experience on a small scale vegetable farm, I am working at Local Roots Farm in Carnation every saturday, and I can give you a ride there and back if you want to come and volunteer. It is truly beautiful and you will leave with a huge amount of organic vegetables!
Hope to see you on thursday in the land of the unsown,
brady

ps.
If you want to bring some of the wild bounty home, or have it for lunch, bring containers or bags.


_______________________________________________
TheUWfarm mailing list
TheUWfarm@u.washington.edu
http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/theuwfarm

No comments:

Post a Comment