Wednesday, January 4, 2012

[TheUWfarm] Fwd: Urban Farming Article

Hi Farmers,

Check out this article from Andrew (UW Farmer '11)

B

Begin forwarded message:

From: Andrew Jansen <warp.lightning@gmail.com>
Date: January 3, 2012 8:02:05 PM PST
To: Elizabeth Wheat <elizaw@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Urban Farming Article

Hey Beth,

This is Andrew Jansen, not sure if you remember me but I was attending the farm lunch a year ago - I've graduated and am out of Seattle now, but I'm trying to convince my little sister who just entered UW that she should start going ;) .

Anywho, I found this great article about urban farming in Nairobi and other African cities, it was an inspiring read for me and I thought you and everyone else at the UW Farm could appreciate it (if you haven't seen it already! I wouldn't be surprised :) )

http://www.onearth.org/article/the-constant-gardeners

Hope that you and all the other farmers are doing great, and that 2012 is another awesome year for the farm! 

-Andrew Jansen


------------------------------------------------
Elizabeth Wheat, Ph.D.
University of Washington
Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow
Program on the Environment
Education Coordinator - UW Farm
206.550.4622


No comments:

Post a Comment