Sunday, November 21, 2010

[TheUWfarm] 5th graders at the Farm next Tuesday

Hey Farmers,

The Tuesday after Turkey Day, November 20th, a class of 5th graders will be touring the Farm and making compost with us! Can you come help?

I've been working with these kids at Sacajawea Elementary as part of a Pipeline education seminar. We've been studying compost - making a class worm bin, looking at soil under microscopes, etc. They are a really bright group of students, and the goal is to round off their mini-Compost Ed with a bang down at the Farm! I'd rather not do all the talking, since they've been listening to me all quarter. I hope some of y'all can come participate!

They'll arrive at 10, be here until possibly 2:30 (the teacher's reserving the day for it). If you can come on the early side and help out with a tour and/or later and help build compost, let me know!

Thanks,
Rachel
rachel@uwfarm.org

No comments:

Post a Comment