Sunday, November 21, 2010

[TheUWfarm] work hours this week.

Hey ya'll,
SNOW! and cold. We need to keep our little baby plants warm. Tomorrow morning I'll be picking up some plastic sheeting that can be used to make cloche's (aka row covers) for the plants. This may be too little too late, but its worth a try, it may even be worth it to do some more experiments with burying manure under the plants to warm them from below as well as keeping them protected from the elements and creating a greenhouse warming effect with the cloches. Anyway, I'll be coming by the farm at 9:30 to drop the materials off and to start figuring out setting these up. It will be a fun job/experiment. I have a meeting at 10:30 but I'll be back on the farm by no later then 11:45. I'll be working until 1:30!

Work hours
Monday: 9:30-10:20 then 11:45- 1:30
Tuesday: 1:30- 3:30 For other farm projects, like winnowing and sheet mulching.

hope to see ya'll around,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment