Tuesday, September 21, 2010

[TheUWfarm] Tilth Adult Education Administrative Internship

Greetings!

I'm a student at the UW that started working with the UWfarm (some of you may recognize the name, despite the email being different), and ended up at an internship working with Seattle Tilth this summer. As I return to school/ work/ etc. in the fall my stint as the Adult Ed Intern ends and my supervisors are currently looking for my replacement.

If you'd like an internship this fall (10-15 hours/ week) that is local and for an AMAZING organization with FANTASTIC people, I suggest you go to http://seattletilth.org/get-involved/volunteer/index_html and scroll down to the "internships" listing. There you will find a description of the internship as well as instructions on applying. Basically you need to fill out a volunteer application, then email a resume and an introduction to (both) careythornton@seattletilth.org & katiepencke@seattletilth.org

I've had an amazing time working in and out of the office with Tilth, and truly come to respect the capacity for furthering organic urban farming that this organization shows. My internship ends in just a couple of weeks, so jump on it! I look forward to training the next intern.

Happy Gardening,

Jamie C. Bass
Adult Education Administrative Intern
Seattle Tilth Association
4649 Sunnyside Ave North, Room 120
adultedintern@seattletilth.org

No comments:

Post a Comment