Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Re: [TheUWfarm] Super Job Farmers!

Farmers, I doff my cap as well! thanks, D
_________________/\/\/\______________________

Doug Ewing, Greenhouse Manager (206) 543-0436
Department of Biology
University of Washington
Box 351800
24 Kincaid Hall ( for UPS and FEDEX)
Seattle, WA 98195-1800


On Tue, 19 Jan 2010, Elizabeth Wheat wrote:

> Hello Farmers,
>
> I know I'll see many of you this afternoon at farm lunch but I wanted to pass
> along some thanks.
>
> First - many thanks to the workers who showed up yesterday to clear, and
> re-arrange the farm's back forty! It looks great out there. If you haven't
> seen it, please come by and take a look.
>
> Second - I want to share this comment that a student took the time to write to
> the ENVIR 100 professor (Yoram Bauman) after his experience on the farm last
> week. Thanks again to our tour guides!
>
> ------------
> Subject: Regarding Farm Lab
> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:03:38 -0800 (PST)
>
> Hi Professor Bauman,
>
> I really wanted to get this out of my system before I forget it mention it
> later on in the quarter on the course evaluation sheet.
>
> The farm lab was fantastic. I retained a lot of the information from the tour
> and I can still recall a lot of it in comparison to what I've read and heard.
> It was a fun little adventure that put into focus how a small scale management
> of agriculture really work. When it was over I though to myself "wow, that was
> 50 minutes already?" I really think that you should continue the farm lab for
> future classes.
>
> -------
>
> Third - the Dirty Dozeners are busy at work. Come by the greenhouse and join
> them as they are embarking on this week's projects. The project list is
> posted on the farm cabinet - along with the hours everyone will be around.
>
>
> Cheers,
> Beth
>
> --
> Elizabeth Wheat
> Ph.D. Candidate Biology Department
> University of Washington e-mail: elizaw@u.washington.edu
> web: www.students.washington.edu/elizaw AND YOU?
>
> There's a child in me
> that delights
> in butterfly wings,
> stained glass windows,
> blue-green bottles
> and sun - through things. j.r. rhodes
> _______________________________________________
> TheUWfarm mailing list
> TheUWfarm@u.washington.edu
> http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/theuwfarm
>


_______________________________________________
TheUWfarm mailing list
TheUWfarm@u.washington.edu
http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/theuwfarm

No comments:

Post a Comment