Tuesday, January 19, 2010

[TheUWfarm] Super Job Farmers!

Hello Farmers,

I know I'll see many of you this afternoon at farm lunch but I wanted to
pass along some thanks.

First - many thanks to the workers who showed up yesterday to clear, and
re-arrange the farm's back forty! It looks great out there. If you
haven't seen it, please come by and take a look.

Second - I want to share this comment that a student took the time to
write to the ENVIR 100 professor (Yoram Bauman) after his experience on
the farm last week. Thanks again to our tour guides!

------------
Subject: Regarding Farm Lab
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:03:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi Professor Bauman,

I really wanted to get this out of my system before I forget it mention
it later on in the quarter on the course evaluation sheet.

The farm lab was fantastic. I retained a lot of the information from the
tour and I can still recall a lot of it in comparison to what I've read
and heard. It was a fun little adventure that put into focus how a small
scale management of agriculture really work. When it was over I though
to myself "wow, that was 50 minutes already?" I really think that you
should continue the farm lab for future classes.

-------

Third - the Dirty Dozeners are busy at work. Come by the greenhouse and
join them as they are embarking on this week's projects. The project
list is posted on the farm cabinet - along with the hours everyone will
be around.


Cheers,
Beth

--
Elizabeth Wheat
Ph.D. Candidate
Biology Department
University of Washington
e-mail: elizaw@u.washington.edu
web: www.students.washington.edu/elizaw

AND YOU?

There's a child in me
that delights
in butterfly wings,
stained glass windows,
blue-green bottles
and sun - through things.
j.r. rhodes

_______________________________________________
TheUWfarm mailing list
TheUWfarm@u.washington.edu
http://mailman2.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/theuwfarm

No comments:

Post a Comment